Recently, the world has been put on a temporary shutdown. Major cities have turned into a ghost town, and most of the population is in self-quarantine, or at least avoiding public places in their area. While the disease has proven to be risky for older individuals, younger people aren’t taking it seriously, and that needs to change.
You may have seen a few videos of Spring Breakers acting recklessly, putting their own health and anyone near them at risk. Recently, information came to light that young people are also at serious risk if they contract the disease – this epidemic isn’t a joke, and here’s the biggest reasons why.
1. Because you could be at risk too, even if you think you’re invincible. Approximately 40% of patients who were hospitalized were aged 20 to 54, which busts all the stigma of this disease. This statistic was recently released in a CDC report.
2. Because the longer people keep going out and about like nothing is wrong, the longer this virus lasts and causes unnecessary death and serious illness for potentially millions of people.
3. Even if we’re young and healthy, the disease can cause permanent lung or organ damage. This means that anyone who smokes cigarettes or doesn’t have ideal lung health is at risk.
4. Because even if you don’t have any symptoms, you could be a carrier and spread the disease to your loved ones, or something with a serious condition, causing a terrible outcome.
5. Symptoms might appear to be a regular common cold or flu, but the chances of it being COVID-19 have drastically increased over time.
6. The more people ignore things and go out to bars or socialize in large groups, the most this thing has a chance of growing, mutating, and taking over the world like more serious plagues and epidemic we’ve seen in the past.